Words are like stones...

Once launched, they cannot be retrieved. Furthermore, they say more about the sender than the intended target.

My deepest apologies to Charlie and Ed. I had just received some very bad news about a family member and was upset when I read the newsgroup.

I tend to become very angry and vulgar when upset. My apologies to the newsgroup and my Christian friends.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger

Ouch! I just worked my way back and you're right, that response was way, way beyond "angry and vulgar".

Part of apologizing is also making the converted effort to change your behaviour so that such responses are eliminated or reduced. Yes, been there, done it, and am paying penance.

May I humbly and quietly suggest that when you get news (and not asking what it is because it's definitely not my business) like this that sends your "fire up the volcano" button into over-drive, that you simply stay off of the newsgroups until you're feeling more in control and can respond to remarks with your usual flair and acerbic wit.

You're also fully entitled to to take the advise, but please wait 24 hours before you flame me.....

I've had family situations that have gotten me "all out of sorts", so I can sympathize with you having a knee-jerk reaction as you did.

Reply to
byrocat

I just meant that, having talked to you about engines in various forums in the past, I know you really, really like engines and that you don't always get a chance to run all of the engines you buy. In any event, apology accepted and no hard feelings.

I'm sorry also for the disturbing news that you received; it must have been very upsetting.

Ed Paasch

Reply to
Ed Paasch

OK, Ed. Forget it.

CR

Ed Cregger wrote:

Reply to
Charles & Peggy Robinson

Reply to
Ed Forsythe

Thanks to you, Ed, and others that have responded in kind. Most appreciated.

Ed Cregger

Reply to
Ed Cregger