2006 Migration

Hello there fellow CAD users. We're finally getting our act together and migrating from 2000 to 2006. The guys I work with are worried as heck about the migration, basically calling out every type of scenario and bad thing that might happen when we migrate over. So I'm asking all of you for some help. We're using LDD3 and Civil 3D and we're going from 2000 to 2006. How difficult is this going to be to get up and running? Any tips or recommendations? Thanks for your help.

Migsta

Reply to
migpics

Hello there fellow CAD users. We're finally getting our act together and migrating from 2000 to 2006. The guys I work with are worried as heck about the migration, basically calling out every type of scenario and bad thing that might happen when we migrate over. So I'm asking all of you for some help. We're using LDD3 and Civil 3D and we're going from 2000 to 2006. How difficult is this going to be to get up and running? Any tips or recommendations? Thanks for your help.

Migsta

Reply to
migster11

the customization is quote a bit different, no more mnu, mns files...they will be converted to cui (customized user interface). takes a while to get used to it...most other things work the same. once you learn how to turn things off like dynamic input and selectionpreview...you get get it working just as you like. i recommend playing with it first for a few weeks, having an upgrade class showing users what has changed, what is new, and how to get people customized back to the way they are used to working. the first few days of the new release are rough, but after that its cake.

another thing i ran into was block scaling (insunits)

hope this helps.

marc

Reply to
Licensed User