3dface

I have Acad 2006. When I draw a 3dface, I can't snap the endpoint of its corner. Is there a setvar setting or anything like that? It works with
previous versions, but not with 2006. Thanks for help.
Hit the onsnap button or press ctrl+right mouse button, look at the menu and down at the bottom is onsnap settings, click it and adjust what you need.

Sam Smith wrote: > Hit the onsnap button or press ctrl+right mouse button, look at the menu and > down at the bottom is onsnap settings, click it and adjust what you need. >
Of course I did that, I've been working with Autocad for 20 years, and I know how to osnap. But it happens that it just doesn't want to snap on 3dface in R2006, it says "no endpoint found for specified point". You can draw 3dfaces, but you just can't snap on it, neither endpoint, not even nearest. I was obliged to switch on R2005, there it worked all right. As I'm working a lot on 3d models, i'm obliged to use my old version and cannot use my new one. Anybody noticed this bug?
i noticed bugs on stretching not working like it used to. circles dont move with the stretch anymore only the lines.

I tried to osnap a 3d face on my 2006. it worked fine, even made some that to points not on the same plane. it still worked. are you working in hidden, shaded ,or wireframe mode? maybe that means something, I have run into similar issues when not in wireframe mode hth Rob
longshot wrote:

Strange. I wonder if there's some setvar to parameter. I'm working in 2dwireframe mode, but very often in isometric view. It seems it only happens to me. Too bad, I'll have to use my old release. Thanks anyway.
Deneb
You have to thaw layer "0" in order to get endpoint on 3dface.
thaw layer "0" and you will get endpoint on 3dface
xljr wrote:

it works thank you very much. I didn't know this subtility. Is there a reason for that, or is it just a bug?