AC 2005: Limiations to script length?

Hello,
I have a script with app. 8500 lines. Running this script causes strange, not reproducable misinterpretationand therefore mistakes.
One way that worked for me is to split the scriptfile into protions of around 1000 lines, running one script after the other.
The question is, if there is a known limitation of lines in a script?
bye joerg
Holy Bejeebers, who writes scripts that long ? What exactly does this Greek Epic Script do ? And how long did it take you to write this piece of code ?
Dr Fleau

Hi Dr,
Am Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:18:12 GMT schrieb Dr Fleau:

Yes, ehhm, this is because I'm not able to write Makros or other code and so I had to write a script for my needs (it doesn't do other than drawing rectangular 2Dsolids, everyone with another color from an defined colorbook and inserts a textstring with the name of the color inserted). And, no it didn't take that long. I used a recorded makro and some rules with 'search and replace' that did the job in my OOo.
I hope you saw no bad intentions from my part, as I had none. I was just a little taken aback from the size of your script. I hope you find what you came to find in this newsgroup.
Dr Fleau

Am Mon, 05 Feb 2007 21:44:20 GMT schrieb Dr Fleau:

No, I didn't see any bad intentions. I only realize, that with a little bit of knowledge in programming a LISP-routine, the same thing probably worked with 3 lines of code.
Thx for the comment.
I use awk or rexx to produce scripts that go on for many more lines than 8500. I believe that acad doesn't store a script but forewards each script statement to the command line. Hence it should be able to go on ad nauseum... the method is gloriously slow but allows one to go for coffee and conversation.... one can also undo a complete script run and redo it with the always required tweeks... Rex