AutoCAD2000 not running on XP

Hi. I have a secondhand copy of AutoCAD2000. It wont run on Windows XP. Is there an upgrade I can get or is the XP version a whole new purchase?

Reply to
Mark Hendy

There's no specific "XP versoin" of AutoCAD 2000; it should run just fine on WinXP. Do you have Administrator rights on the XP machine? ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Set the compatibility mode to Win2000 or WinNT

Reply to
Jim Claypool

"System requirements error Wrong OS. AutoCAD supports Windows NT 4.0, Windows NT 5.0, Windows95 and Windows98"

and thats it? All ideas appreciated...

Reply to
Mark Hendy

Open Windows HELP and search on "compatibility mode." ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Right click on the executable file or shourcut, select properties, select the compatibility tab

Reply to
Jim Claypool

Unfortuantely there isnt a reference to this in XP help...

Reply to
Mark Hendy

Strange. There is on my system. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

I've read a little about it on mine, too......XP Home edition, anyway.

98 here at work, so I can't check it at the moment.

Paul Turvill wrote:

Reply to
TomD

Compatalbility might only be on Windows XP Pro

Reply to
Roberto Furgiuele

I have Windows XP Pro as the OS on two machines and have AutoCAD 2000i installed on both.

They work just fine.

The "secondhand" version you mentioned in your original post is probably not a "good" or a valid version.

Perhaps, buying a "new" version would eleviate you problem with whatever OS you are running.

I have never had a problem with AutoCAD installing on any system OS. It's practically fool-proof as long as you have a valid version of the software.

Best regards ...

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Reply to
StickinStraightUp