Calculators for W-98

I have recemntly loaded up Windows 98 and AutoCad 14.
I have been looking around at free or shareware calculators for Windows 98, much of what I see
is good for statistics, or calculus, linear equations, et al.
What I am looking for is something I can run and use for calculating triangles, arcs, basic geometrical calculations and the like, something visual that I can just put in the parameters without having to stop and mess with a hand calculator.
What CAD orientated calculators have people here used in the past? What are some good basic programs that handle the basic things one needs to do in AutoCad?
--

"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with
a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I
wbarwell wrote:

Am I missing something here? Doesn't simply using AutoCad negate having to use a calculator in the first place?
No. You must do some pretty simple stuff.

CW wrote:

I must be doing pretty simple stuff because all of the examples listed do not require a calculator in Autocad. They can be solved quicker and more precisely with the tools built right in.
Agreed. That goes without saying though as if you were doing more advanced work, you wouldn't be using Autocad.

CW wrote:

Look asshole, the original question was the guy wanted a calculator to do "calculating triangles, arcs, basic geometrical calculations and the like". I said a calculator was superfluous for that in Autocad. What makes you say I must be doing pretty simple stuff from that response, I don't know, but I'm beginning to think you are a wise ass. So why not just shut the fuck up.
Looks like I struck a nerve. Feeling a bit insecure?

CW wrote:

I'm not insecure. Just like many other people on this newsgroup whom you have insulted, I won't take your shit. I sorted this newsgroup by sender and I see that a large majority of your postings deal with your attempt to be little people. I think Freud would say YOU are the one who is insecure. He would probably attribute this it to your having a small body part. Many people try to analyze this condition. I'm content just to consider you an asshole.
Really? You're doing a pretty good imitation.

CW wrote:
With your head stuck up that dark smelly spot, it would be hard for you to notice.
Depends on who you reported it to. In any case, what business is it of yours?
You lost all credibility when you demonstrated that you don't know even the fundamentals of anything that you are talking about.
Before asking a question such as this, do some research and find out what an architect is. You obviously don't know.
Never used a good program, eh?
You seem to be very thick.
He probably doesn't give a shit. Neither do I. They can worship dogs butts for all I care (and it will do them just about as much good).
Apparently, you don't read well either.
Some of your past responses. Why would someone respond to other people like this?
Is not the scientific calculator within Win98 suitable for you?
Start/Programs/Accessories/Calculator.
Brian.
(wbarwell) wrote:

Brian Salt wrote:

Not really quite what I wanted.
--

"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with
a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I
Virtually hidden in acad there is a geometric calculator right in the program which can feed its results directly to commands "on the fly". It is available at the command line and I HIGHLY recommend getting to know what it can do for you. Its kind of clunky, but actually very powerful. You call it up with CAL, or transparently, 'CAL, once its loaded. Look it up in the help.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

TecniCalc XXI is probably doing what you are looking for:
http://malc.iespana.es/tecnicalcxxi /
freeware
N.
Here's a collection http://www.woodbin.com/docs/the_list.htm#Calculators
<%= Clinton Gallagher METROmilwaukee (sm) "A Regional Information Service" NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://metromilwaukee.com / URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com /

clintonG wrote:

Thanks. There seem to be a few out there, but many are not exactly Autocad oriented. And of those that seem maybe potentially useful, I don't which are good and which are indifferent.
Many many years ago I wrote one for a Sinclair ZX-81. It actually worked rather well. I figured somebody had to have done one for a PC by now.

--
"A power so great, it can only be used for Good or Evil!" -
Firesign Theatre, "The Giant Rat of Summatra"