Command Aliases

I can no longer use my command aliases, know I have to write the complete command, for example "L" was enough for the line command, now I have to spell "Line". So what happened and how can I fix it?

Reply to
jmex

I also cant hatch and seems that all the patterns are gone, please help

Reply to
jmex

the ACAD disk has a recovery option I believe, I suggest you use that option.

Reply to
Longshot

Maybe your installation is looking in the wrong place for these files...

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

; AutoCAD Program Parameters File For AutoCAD 2000 ; External Command and Command Alias Definitions

; Copyright (C) 1997-1999 by Autodesk, Inc.

; Each time you open a new or existing drawing, AutoCAD searches ; the support path and reads the first acad.pgp file that it finds.

; -- External Commands -- ; While AutoCAD is running, you can invoke other programs or utilities ; such Windows system commands, utilities, and applications. ; You define external commands by specifying a command name to be used ; from the AutoCAD command prompt and an executable command string ; that is passed to the operating system.

; -- Command Aliases -- ; You can abbreviate frequently used AutoCAD commands by defining ; aliases for them in the command alias section of acad.pgp. ; You can create a command alias for any AutoCAD command, ; device driver command, or external command.

; Recommendation: back up this file before editing it.

(acad.pgp in my SUPPORT directory) of course, I am still in the dark ages on 2000......

Reply to
roy