Commercial Block Libraries

I've recently (and am still) working on a block library for a firm I sued to
work for. I am considering trying to market this library to other companies
after the work is completed.
Would any of you guys have any input asto the desirability of such a library
and suitable sales rates. I expect the library to be around 2000-3000
pieces.
Thanks in advance,
DJE
ps - I have cross-posted this between allt.architecture and alt.cad.autocad,
both of which I participate in normally.
Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis
Interesting how in this context the presumably accidental transposition of the 'U' and the 'S' in 'used' makes the post MORE interesting.....
alt.cad.autocad,
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Blocks for/of what? Doors, windows, springs, drills, clamps, inserts, indicators, rugs, cars, planes, did I leave anything out? Later Kirk
Daniel J. Ellis wrote:
Reply to
W. Kirk Crawford
i agree w/ don & m. dulatovich working w/ ones on creations provided much more streamed lined drawing process.
and the sued in lu of used does provide a nice commic relef
my answer would be no to the block library.
Rock on! remember: It's not work, its autocad!!
alt.cad.autocad,
Reply to
Adam B
"Michael Bulatovich"
Given the apparent wealth of discrimination in hiring practices, it does give one pause.
Richard
Reply to
Private
Shit, only just saw it. That should be *used* to work for!!!!!! oops
DJE
Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis
Walls, partitions, doors (plan and ele), windows (plan and ele), boilers, furniture, stairs (plan, long-section, front ele, side ele), sanitary ware, radiators, fire doors symbols, schedules, drainage bits and pieces, steels plus a good, health "misc" section
We're talking about extending it to include sectional stuff and standard details, Robust details etc., later.
DJE
Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis
Well I would:
: I've recently (and am still) working on a block library for a firm I sued to : work for. I am considering trying to market this library to other companies : after the work is completed. : : Would any of you guys have any input asto the desirability of such a library : and suitable sales rates. I expect the library to be around 2000-3000 : pieces. : : Thanks in advance, : : DJE : : ps - I have cross-posted this between allt.architecture and alt.cad.autocad, : both of which I participate in normally. :
Draw my own.
Reply to
TheWizard
Hate to rain on your parade.....
Wall types? most firms will have there own library and standards developed a long time ago.
Pella, Andersen and every other manufacturer makes them availible for free.
From the manufacturer as well
What? like Herman Miller, Steelcase......they give it away too
Since I have never done two stairways that are idenitical......why both?
just about any cad program comes with them built in, or are the first things develpoed as part of a library.
a rectanngle?
see above.
what,. like the cross section of a drain tile?
free programs or built in for that one as well
most anybody that needs those will allready have them
You are about ten years too late.
Reply to
Paul Fritz
Probably. Would never have thought of it if it weren't for the fact that I'm being paid a fair amount to develop this one. Made me wonder if anyone else was similarly lacking.
And there is always going to be new firms to cater for.
After all, there's nothing wrong with trying sell that yard of old rope in the corner, is there?
DJE
Reply to
Daniel J. Ellis