copy a layer to another file

Is there a simply way to copy a layer and all his objects from a file to another? I'm using autocad LT 2004.

Reply to
Metallikop

Je Thu, 15 Dec 2005 22:00:30 +0100, Metallikop skribis:

I'm no expert, but is there some reason why you wouldn't do this?

  1. Turn off all layers except the one you want.
  2. Select All
  3. Copy
  4. Switch to second drawing
  5. Paste
Reply to
Steven M (remove wax and invalid to reply)

Hi,

I dont know Autocad LT 2004, but in Autocad 2002 you would do it whith the Designcenter. Another possibility is to make an object in that layer an then copyclip it to the new drawing.

Best regards

Kim "Metallikop" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@linux.nurax...

Reply to
Kim

Sorry i did misunderstand your question. Try the command qselect, by simply writing it in the command line.

Best regards Kim

"Metallikop" skrev i en meddelelse news: snipped-for-privacy@linux.nurax...

Reply to
Kim

Il Fri, 16 Dec 2005 17:39:34 +0100, Kim ha scritto:

Is the thing I was looking for :-) Thank you very much.

Reply to
Metallikop

Il Thu, 15 Dec 2005 17:32:00 -0600, Steven M (remove wax and invalid to reply) ha scritto:

I was searching a simpler way because in that file I have more than 50 layers, so I dont want to click 49 times the mouse each time :-) (Is a map of a town and its territory, with houses, roads, trees, level lines, rivers, and much more...)

Reply to
Metallikop

Je Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:27:07 +0100, Metallikop skribis:

I understand, but you could use the command line version. Type -layer (preceded by a hyphen) and follow the prompts. Turn off all layers with one word, and turn on the one you want with another phrase. You could take note of the keystrokes and create a button that would do all the layer hiding.

Qselect is also a good idea that I had forgotten about, but I don't know how to automate it from inside AutoCAD.

Reply to
Steven M (remove wax and invalid to reply)

You can do it with two clicks in the layer manager. Why make it harder than it has to be?

Reply to
CW

Use Designcenter

Reply to