Creatig a DWG file from a solid

Hi all Is there a way that I can make an AUTOCAD file from a solid? I'm using SW2007 and AC2000. Thank you

Reply to
cijunet

Make a SW drawing, save as DWG HIH JM "cijunet" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@e6g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Jean Marc

I'll guess what you maybe asking,... you are trying to get a solid into AC2000?.... I don't recall what ACIS (*.sat) version AC2000 was using but I also guess that it was either acis version 2.0 or 3.0? Anyhow, you'll need to saveas (export) the solidworks part as a ACIS (*.sat) version 2.0 or 3.0. Now, in AC2000, (again, not positive but..) use the command, "acisin" to import the *.sat file.

=2E.

Reply to
zxys

..

that is how I move files from SW to AutoCAD 2005 I have no idea if that will work with 2000. Solids that you can not draw in the autocad will still be correct after importation.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Sorry for not being specific... I meant to ask how can I extract a 2D geometry from a solid drawn in SW and then export it in Autocad, in order to get a dwg. drawing. Tank you for your replays.

Reply to
cijunet

You extract the 2d geometry in AutoCad with the _solview and _soldraw commands. AutoCAD will do it for you if your version of AutoCAD is not too old.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

A dwg drawing is not necessarily 2D it can also be a solid.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Jean Marc already told you:

[ Make a SW drawing, save as DWG HIH ]-JM-

Make a drawing (open formatted or plane sheet). Input model views (scale or note default scale).

Do a file save as and choose .DWG from the drop down menu.

That's it, now open the file in AutoCAD and scale it if necessary.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Either way should work I think I will try the save as dwg I have not done that yet. I have done the other way.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Now... that is amazing.. I mean,... really... can we all have a moment of silence.... I rest my case.

=2E.

Reply to
zxys

Set scale to 1:1 make sure the units are what you want inches or mm. make the sheet big enough that the drawing fits inside the borders of the title block and the views do not overlap. that will save you some editing.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Both ways work ok.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Views pulled in Solid Works are better to work with than the views pulled from the same solid in AutoCAD 2005. When I get AutoCAD and Inventor 2008 next week I will try it with them.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn