Creating a shortcut

Hi all
I need to automate some commands.
I want to create a series of shortcuts (alias?), say L1, L2 etc, that
changes linetype, linewight and linecolour (and possibly layer) in one go.
For example:
L1 = continuos, blue, 0.5mm
L2 = chain dotted, red, 0.35mm
L3 = yellow, hidden, 0.4mm
and so on.
Is this possible and, if so, can someone please get me pointed in the right
direction?
Thanks in anticipation,
Phil.
Reply to
Mochyn Brwnt :8(
"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote in message news:410c7ysz1xy1$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net...
You could write a little script file, basically a list of commands that you would normally type in at the AutoCAD command line but instead they are individual lines of text in a text file.
The text file must have an extension of .scr
Something like this .........
Linetype Set Continuous
Color 5
There is a blank line after Continuous and after the 5
You also add a button to the toolbar to invoke the script.
HTH
Reply to
Becks
OOPS !
Forgot to add the lineweight bit ................ here goes
LINETYPE Set Continuous
COLOR 5 LWEIGHT 0.50
Remember there is a blank line after Continuous and after the 0.50
Reply to
Becks
Cool.. it works! Thanks so much, I've been trying to do this for ages.
Phil.
Reply to
Mochyn Brwnt :8(
"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net...