Creating a shortcut

Hi all

I need to automate some commands. I want to create a series of shortcuts (alias?), say L1, L2 etc, that changes linetype, linewight and linecolour (and possibly layer) in one go.

For example: L1 = continuos, blue, 0.5mm L2 = chain dotted, red, 0.35mm L3 = yellow, hidden, 0.4mm

and so on.

Is this possible and, if so, can someone please get me pointed in the right direction?

Thanks in anticipation,

Phil.

Reply to
Mochyn Brwnt :8(

"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote in message news:410c7ysz1xy1$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net...

You could write a little script file, basically a list of commands that you would normally type in at the AutoCAD command line but instead they are individual lines of text in a text file.

The text file must have an extension of .scr

Something like this .........

Linetype Set Continuous

Color

5

There is a blank line after Continuous and after the 5

You also add a button to the toolbar to invoke the script.

HTH

Reply to
Becks

OOPS !

Forgot to add the lineweight bit ................ here goes

LINETYPE Set Continuous

COLOR

5 LWEIGHT 0.50

Remember there is a blank line after Continuous and after the 0.50

Reply to
Becks

Cool.. it works! Thanks so much, I've been trying to do this for ages.

Phil.

Reply to
Mochyn Brwnt :8(

Your welcome !