drawing 3d objects from plan & elevation views

i'm a newbie at autocad and i need to know how (if possible) to draw a

3d object if you are given 2 views, say, plan & elevation of the object.
Reply to
dpak.cherian

There are a number of ways to draw in 3d, and the right approach depends on the object to be drawn and the final views and output required. If you know how to do this on paper, doing it on autocad will only require your learning a few more commands. You should get your hands on a tutorial-there is no magic toolbar button!

You should also know that LT for example will not do 3D, and that newer versions seem to have gradually improved working in 3D though many serious deficiencies still exist in the 3D capabilities of acad.

Having said that, just a few days ago there was a post here about 3D in acad

2007 which looked very promising,,,
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

please ive me a link to the tutorial or a search string i've had no luck for the last hour

Reply to
dpak.cherian

please give me a link to the tutorial or a search string i've had no luck for the last hour

Reply to
dpak.cherian

do you have a copy of a cad program? which one & which version?

Reply to
longshot

EMPLOY A DRAFTSMAN?

it could work....

Reply to
roy

Hi

I will answer your question even the answer is not such that usealy are given if you just started with AutoCAD ---- you see it is acturly an interesting challance that is solved easy and the solution don't just bring you a drawing but point to a way to produce the things you drawn

3D by using just two planes. Think about it , we usealy need 3 planes all projecting and drafting work with an idea that we need 3 planes for a 3D model , where in fact only 2 are needed. But what is difficult about it, and the reson this usealy are not an amaturs question, is that 99 pct. will turn to the tradisionla 3 planes, front,side and top planes. Still what if you only needed two planes to project the foundations for a house, a ship, an aeroplane fuselage ,that would indicate that manufactoring the framework also will be only two thirds of the efford. Please check the 3*D-H or 3D-Honeycomb method ------ a couple of month ago I had a 12 page article published in a Chinese architecture and engineering magazin ; halve in english and halve in Chinese with 5 pictures showing just how you can draw and in particular project a 3D structure from two independant planes ,check this link ;

there are an english text ,the one translated into Chinese ,and if you read the pages you will know the answer to your question in this link ;

P.C.

Reply to
per.corell