looking for shortcuts

I got another rookie question for ya.....
Is there a way to calculate the total length of a certain line type in a drawing? without selecting it all? I'm drawing a layout of a piece of land,
and there is a lot of wierd fencing, which I've designated by linetype "zigzag". Can I ask Autocad to calculate to total length of all "zigzag"?
Chris
The FILTER command can return a selection set of all those lines, and then you can use Paul Turvill's lisp routine (TLEN?) that calculates total line length by choosing "P" for previous at the select objects prompt.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
Michael Bulatovich wrote:

and if the answer you get does not seem reasonable, check for duplicates. there are routines for that too.