drawing.dwg stays open

When I start Autocad on my computer at work it always opens with "drawing.dwg". I don't close it, I leave it alone. I then open a working
drawing and do some editing... then I close this drawing. "Drawing.dwg" is still open in CAD. I like this, as some of my opening and closing shortcuts work in an open drawing.
In another Autocad setup in my office, Autocad starts up the same way... I open a working drawing on top of "drawing.dwg", I do some editing... close it... But in this situation "drawing.dwg" has also closed.
How do I get "drawing.dwg" to stay open all the time?
Thank you in advance