Extrude non-straight path?

A project I'm working on requires an extruded "C" channel to be shaped into a track for a robot to travel on.
I'd like to provide a 3d representation of the entire project. Therefore, my question is this:
How can I form and extruded "C" shape to follow a non linear (or non straight line) path? There are 3 curves of different radius on the path. Can I draw the path, then the shape of the channel, then entrude along the path?
Thanks in advance.
Your question almost answers itself.
Yes. Draw the path as a polyline, and place the "C" channel shape at one end; then use the polyline as the path to EXTRUDE the "C" channel shape. ___