Acad2K extrude problems

Hi all, I am having some difficulty in drawing simple pipe runs in 3D. I have no experience with 3D, but have nutted out some slab layouts etc, but have the
following problem:
If I draw pipe CL, if it is not in an ortho plane then the extrusion of a circular face does not follow the path, but follows what appears to be the projection of the CL onto the ortho plane. I have tried setting UCS to the object, namely the pipe CL, then rotating around the appropriate axis to get Z in the right direction, but the result is the same. I see that extruding a face along a path may do the trick, but I cannot get the circle which represents the end of the pipe to be recognised as a face / solid area. Any suggestions as to where I'm going wrong? The drawings are just simple representations for visualisation purposes. Cheers,
--
o glennyboy,
de pipes, de pipes are callin'...