General AutoLISP question

Currently I have been setting up functions in a file as follows
;begin file (defun common_function () (..............)
)
(defun c:Option1 () (xxxxxxx) (common_function) )
(defun c:Option2 () (yyyyyyy) (common_function) ) ; end file
The problem I have run into is that if (common_function) is somehow defined as something else later it causes mayhem. Outside of making the function local to both c: functions, is there a better way of doing this to address this scenario. Thanks Cliff
Cliff Davis wrote:

I don't know of any solutions other than what you already mentioned. Why would (common_function) get redefined? It would seem that the only way this would normally happen is if your code redefines it somewhere. If you're concerned, or are having trouble, make sure your code isn't doing and/or make the common_function a unique name (add your initials and a date, or some such method).
I have accidentally used the same function name again before, but my main concern is sending the code out to others where I have no control over what is defined. I guess I may start making function names more unique. Thanks Cliff

of