How do I extrude multiple faces simultaneously?

I use solidedit:face:extrude to pull faces of solids out or back. I can only do a face at a time. Is there a way to extrude several faces at once? Thanks...

Reply to
smarf

Works fine on multiple faces for me, just keep clicking on the faces you want when asked. I'm using acad2005, maybe if you are using an earlier version it may not allow you to do this?? I couldn't find any info about limitations in earlier versions on google though.

Reply to
Remo Shiva

You can add more than one face to the selection. Use A (for add) and R (for remove) while making your selections.

Reply to
Pete

i just type EX & draw window around all the objects... works for me. hold shift to remove an item

Reply to
longshot

Shift won't remove a face from the selection, it will remove the entire solid.

Reply to
Pete

I'm using 2007; holding down characters has no effect on the selection. Are these shortcut keys you guys have programmed into Autocad that invoke commands?

Reply to
smarf

Don't hold down the A and R. A puts you in "add" mode, R puts you in "remove" mode. Usually whenever you select a face, it always grabs two, the one you need and an adjacent one because the edge you pick is part of two faces. Select everything you need, then press R and now pick all the unwanted faces to remove them from the set. If you remove one you need by mistake, just press A and you'll be back in "add" mode.

Reply to
Pete

Awesome! That works!

Thanks for all your help.

I also found, in 2007, the extrude command, available in the dashboard. There is a keyboard shortcut for it; hold down ctrl-alt and select a face, then push or pull. It did not work on all the rectangular solids in a previously built model, but it did work on a fresh cube. Interestingly, it seems to create a new solid from the extrusion, then group them. Selecting the original solid selects both unless you hold down the alt key. Strange.

Reply to
smarf