is 2gb of ram

On Dec 27, 8:04áam, snipped-for-privacy@cooltoad.com wrote:

Of course not. More is more up to a point. Photoshop for sure can get more RAM in a 4Gbyte environment, though note that it is a 32 bit program. I think photoshop will use about 3.2Gbytes of RAM under 32 bit windows.
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library / aa366778.aspx#physical_memory_limits_windows_vista> The link above is the roadmap.
I run X64, so I can't speak for the cheap 32 bit vista, but they claim it does 4G. Note that you need a motherboard capable of loading all it's resources into the high part of RAM. This is generally called a memory remap.
For a new machine, you should get 64 bit vista and use 8Gbytes. More mobos can do 16Gbtyes, but that is getting expensive.
On my 4Gbyte PC (a few years old, so 4G cost money), I have about 1.4Gbytes free. I have Firefox is by far the biggest memory hog running. Google earth is next.
Add pictures here
Ôťľ
On Dec 28, 2:04áam, snipped-for-privacy@cooltoad.com wrote:

1.5 years ago, I was assembling a gaming computer. 1GB of RAM was enough for gaming, in my opinion. But I put 2 GB just in case, as memory was relatively cheap. I have never used full 2GB of memeory in my use of the computer yet. I do not run Vista, I have XP.
Add pictures here
Ôťľ