LCD monitor recommendations?

For autocad use. High/good quality. Around 19-20" screen size. TIA Cliff K

Reply to
Klif

I use a 17" HP L1706. Dot pitch could be better (.264mm) but the color is really nice. Anything thinner than a 19" CRT is really nice. Some folks will nitpick over screen refresh rate or color temperature, but I don't. I find my 17" LCD has the same (or close enough) diagonal than the old 19" CRT I used to have. Of course, I work in mechanical design and welding, so I don't always have 2000 items on screen. Someone dealing in large architecture or industrial floor plans will want the larger screen if only to see more stuff.

My $0.02 (CAD)

Dr Fleau

"Klif" a écrit dans le message de news: cfEGg.3795$0J6.3781@trnddc02...

Reply to
Dr Fleau

Viewsonic or Samsung- I own 3 of the former, two Samsungs. All come with three-year factory warranties. Two of the Viewsonics have had their backlights fail just before the warranty expired. Viewsonic repaired them both at zero cost- they paid for shipping both ways. My favorite is the Samsung 213T- 21.3", 1600X1200 resolution. It's almost too big- I have to back away a bit for web browsing but it covers a lot of territory.

Reply to
Peter

We use 17" Phillips 170S LCD's, and they have a hardware setting for color temperature - 9300K, 6500K, sRGB and user definable. Very useful.

Ivan

Reply to
Ivan

I've been using a Dell UltraSharp 18" LCD for a few years and love it. Decided to get rid of some old CRT's and bought a 19" Viewsonic wide screen. Bad move, The monitor is nice but they made the screen a couple inches wider and reduced the height to get the 19" diagonal. Dell 14"w x 11.5"h, Viewsonic 16"w x 10"h. Not good for CAD-CAM work. Buying a Viewsonic 20" VG2021m $269 at newegg.

Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Kazuti

Don't do that when you can buy the same monitor for under $200 from Buy.com!

Beatle

Oops. Too late. Mine will be $251 after rebate. Already shipped. Blew $50 bucks. I'll check buy.com from now on. Thanks.

Rudy

Reply to
Rudy Kazuti