Lisp Question regarding obtaining parts of a String

Butt in any time, Brian Argusy
Brian Salt wrote:

With Deft Fingers, snipped-for-privacy@NScix.co.uk (Brian Salt) wrote:

NP... butt in away.
My R12 book (dated May 11, 1992, publication 100191-01) has SubStr on page 155. I guess I've just have never used it before in the way I needed it now.
P158 has TblSearch, Terpri and TextBox on it (my book that is).
Regards,
BruceF
(Mr. B) wrote:

Ha! Somebody added a couple of pages between May and June 1992, I guess.
Just one month and already modified. Must have been important (:-)
Brian.
With Deft Fingers, snipped-for-privacy@NScix.co.uk (Brian Salt) wrote:

Interesting... Just imagine, back in the good old Daze, we use to get books!!! Actually they were a royal pain in the A** when you ended up with 10 or more copies of every firgging thing! Times have changed!
Regards,
BruceF
(Mr. B) wrote:

(:_(( Indeed they have.
Brian Salt wrote:

IIRC, autocad help shows the syntax and options for substr and others as well.
This is how I do it....
http://www.flitschi.de/gallery/albums/fun/get_string_from_object.sized.jpg
Dr Fleau

function