Hi guys.
I used to
(if (not cal)(xload "geomcal"))
and it sure seemed to work.
got away from using cal in lisp, and now I have a use for it again.
the routine works, but I have to run cal from the command line to make my lisp run.
what did they do to me while I wasn't looking?
my routine draws polygons for bricks along an arc, for brick arches over doors & windows. saves me a bunch of time, but I need trig functions.......
wounds the ego that I have to type something like
'cal 2 + 2
4
to invoke the cal, so lisp can use it later.....
cal call >>> MMOOOOOOO!
think I'm getting slap happy.
MAKE ME LOOK EVEN MORE FOOLISH - TELL ME THE SIMPLE FIX.
thanks in advance,
roy
Add pictures here
โœ–
(if (not cal)(arxload "geomcal.arx"))
Roy Knapp a ้crit :

Add pictures here
โœ–
why don't you just use the calculator that comes with windows? if you open it and go to the view menu, you can set it to scientific and it will do most scientific calcs.
you could also copy it to the desktop and drag it down to the quicklaunch area of your taskbar and then you can click on it at will.

functions.......
Add pictures here
โœ–

YES!!
thank you very much, I never had a good grasp of xload, and I missed arx functions entirely.
at any rate your help solved my problem, and I thank you.
Roy
Add pictures here
โœ–
Hi

Snip
Why do you even use Cal. (+ 2.0 2.0) work perfect , and if you need any other Cal functions, why not define such in Lisp or look them up instead of the troubled calls to Cal. Anyway if simple plus and minus is what you ask, just use Lisp. P.C.
http://www.designcommunity.com/scrapbook/images/2648.jpg
Add pictures here
โœ–