LT 2000 to Vectorworks. 8.0

Somebody I have being doing work for is having difficulty opening my LT 2000 drgs in their Vectorworks 8.0.
I have sent LT97 DXF and DWG and LT2000 DXF & DWG versions. They have opened
previous work I have done for them but this was over a year ago but there has been a staff change and nobody now there seems to know how to do this nor what Acad format is compatible with Vectorworks 8.0
Anybody know what is the best format for me to send?
Thanks in advance.
Ian