Erase lines remaining after Union of two solids

Hi Everybody! I'm writing from Italy. I'm drawing my new house, just for fun. So I really cann't use AutoCad. I need help for probably a little thing. How in the
subject I draw two solids, exactly two pieces of wall, but after Union command there remain a line between the two solids I had before. The problem is that now it's only one solid with this line in the middle. Every selection allows me only the entire solid. Is there a way to delete this line?
Thanks for every help.
Ciao Valerio.
Ciao Valerio, Are you sure that they met perfectly before you joined them?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com