changing cursor orientation

not knowing the correct jargon will make this post longer than necessary ,
I do most of my drawing in AutoCAD 2006 using 3d solids
I like to draw in the southeast isometric view , the only way I can change
the orientation of the
cursor is to go to the orthogonal view for the side I want and then back to
isometric
I have tried isoplane and f5 to no avail
is there a shortcut or custom command I can run to be able to cycle through
the left , right ,
top planes easily with a single button [ hoping to assign it to one of the
extras on my mouse
thanks for any help
Reply to
williamhenry
UCS X 90 UCS X -90 UCS Y... etc
should work
Reply to
strawberry
is there any way to make this a one button command?
Reply to
williamhenry
Yes, but you'd probably want to make a button for each of the 6 operations
(+90 or -90 in each of the 3 axes)
The basic method is to right click on the toolbars to bring up the Customize... option, then, under Commands, hit User defined.
Select the (helpfully) invisible square next to "User Defined Button" and drag it onto a toolbar (preferably one you've already created yourself, but any will do).
Right click over the newly created button to bring up its properties. Give it a name, description, nice picture and then type this in the Macro window:
^C^C.UCS;y;-90;
Hit Close, repeat for all the variations and you're done.
Reply to
strawberry
Actually toolbar UCS II has all this already (as a drop down menu)
Reply to
strawberry
Creation of customized toolbar buttons has changed dramatically with the 2006 release. "Customized User Interface" (cui) is how one modifies and customizes the toolbars/buttons in '06. And, strangely, there is no longer a "user defined" button available.
Reply to
S. Scalise
Oops, guess I'm out of touch!
Reply to