Union Millwrights

What a idiot!

***** If brains were cotton. You would not have enough cotton in your head to make a kotex for a gnats ass! *****

Union definition: A combination so formed, especially an alliance or confederation of people, parties, or political entities for mutual interest or benefit.

Excellence Is A Process Not A Goal To Do Better ..." Do It The WRIGHT WAY"

"SKILLED ON PRINCIPLE ----- UNION BY CHOICE"

Do you know why they hate Unions in the South? They hated to call a Black Man Brother... Think about it?

Ron Oliver Millwright Superintendent Union Millwright and Damn Proud Of It...... 35 years

Army Security Agency 1967 to 1971 Two tours of duty in Vietnam MOS 33G40 DD214 Member of D.A.V.

Reply to
Millwright Ron

Every really hard worker I know who was also once in a union was threatened with violence by their (union) coworkers for working too hard.

I suppose that's something for a union guy to be proud of, in a twisted sort of way.

Me? Well, I like to work hard and get rewarded for it.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

You are not alone, and you can be proud for making your statement.

I've told this story before.

I worked in a shop in Utah that was unionized. Utah, being a right to work state, didn't mandate that I join them, and I didn't. I wanted no part of them. At every turn, the union workers admonished me to "slow down"-----not to turn out much work for fear that you might have a bad day in which you couldn't turn out the number of widgets that the company had become accustomed to receiving daily-------which, to me, was appalling. Said another way, put out a poor day's work every day, that way the company won't have any expectations from you. What kind of moron slows down a company such that it is in jeopardy of losing money?

I was with this company only five months. The union killed the job, so the corporation sold the entire operation to Japan. This, by the way, was back in the mid 60's, which it now appears to have been the beginning of US employees demanding more money for less output, a negative aspect of unions, which has been very instrumental in the loss of millions of jobs, all shipped across the pond because we, in our apparently insatiable stupidity, can't seem to grasp the concept of no free lunch, or unearned pay.

While I'm now retired, I don't recall ever having the need to have a corrupt organization represent me. The work I turned out spoke volumes about me, and my ability. Qualified people don't need a union, their performance speaks for them.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

And not have to pay some fat rat bastard union knee breaker for the prevlidge of union seniority when Im low man on the totom pole but shit loads better then the weinie on top.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Funny guys in my primary (non metal) job I'm required to be in the union for them

I just finished off writing a letter because some dogger during the day has been busy for two weeks making arragements to test omething i did two weeks ago. I reamed the guy out for being illiterate then for being a parrot then fro being "Clairvoyant" then for plain old being a stupid dog FSCKER. with quotes to back up every accusation.

the Douche in question the company has been trying to fire for 15 years i have "ONLY" 6 years seniority guess who the union has been crutching along for 20 years

I think Unions are obsolete because most of waht they were needed for has since become government mandated; at least in my country

Brent Ottawa Canada

Reply to
Brent

I believe there once was a time when unions were of benefit to the American workforce . I also believe that day is long gone , for just the reasons you have detailed . I believe that the union's now are more closely akin to organized crime , and their actions no more or less than extortion .

Reply to
Snag

Way too many sadly. I want the company I work for to make great gobs of money, so damn much they don't have any excuses not to share.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

Snag wrote in article ...

I just can't wait to see how things go when the UAW takes over the handling of auto worker pension funds.......per the GM agreement.

Ought to make the whole Enron deal look like shoplifting penny candy.

From my POV, it appears that GM has found a way to finally rid itself of the unions.......let them screw their members so badly that the membership rejects unions.

Reply to
*

The last time ol' "Millwright Wrong" brought the subject up, someone pointed out that that union shops - in general - were much more angry places to work than non-union shops.

My experience would be the same.

Plus, I've made MUCH more money being paid for what I know, and what I can do, than for how long I've managed to tolerate the bullschidt....

Good luck to the UAW membership.......who will soon see how masterfully union leadership can skim from retirement funds. Where do you suppose the UAW president will be building his new retirement home?

Just ask the teamsters - known as the most crooked union in the world.

Reply to
*

In case you haven't noticed the hard work you're doing is more likely to wind up as part of a multi- million dollar bonus to the executive who figured out how to screw you.

Are people so stupid that they can't see what's going on around them? There's no reason to think up elaborate reasons why jobs are going overseas. Do you imagine some fictitious union forced the jobs for computer (and etc.) support to India??? You would have to be delusional to believe this yet the same tired old canard is pulled out every time the subject comes up: "It's the unions that are forcing jobs overseas."

The unions may have caused plenty problems, but today's business person needs no union to help continue screwing people over ( ahh, maximizing their stockholders "return-on-investment), except as a scapegoat.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

Where there is no extradition treaty?

Reply to
Wes

Yeah, you should read "MIG Pilot" by Victor Belenko. Same thing happened to him in Russia, and he found it extremely discouraging. It was the beginning of him deciding he had to get out. This kind of thinking, not by a small group, but by EVERYBODY in the entire country, is what caused the collapse of the USSR. Oh well, no surprise, that U in "USSR" stands for union!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

That's not always the case. The carpenter's union on Long Island, for example, worked guys pretty hard. If the contractor didn't like the production, the carpenter didn't get called back. In addition they would quite often get screwed by getting laid off before they had enough time in that year for benefits- of course that meant someone in the union was getting all the sweet jobs and the cream. But it wasn't such a sweet deal for every rank and file guy.

Reply to
ATP*

Looks like there are a lot of disgrunteled Rooters, Rats, and Scabs with too much time on their hands.

Reply to
Robb

Rooter? I haven't heard that one before.

Reply to
ATP*

That was me, and since the last time I've had the displeasure of watching a fairly large factory go union.

It's a slow process once the contract is signed but it's showing, people who seemed perfectly happy before are now starting to see "management screwing me" in places that don't make sense.

I always ask my union employees "what would that get me" when they claim I'm doing some nonsense to screw them. If it doesn't actually get me anything then why would I take the time to do it?

Reply to
marc.britten

The very fact that these morons feel a need for a union is a strong enough message that they "don't get it". My experience with union supporters lends credence to the idea that they feel they are owed a living simply because they exist, and are due their share of any and all profits that might come from their contribution, in spite of the fact that they agreed to sell their time to their employer for a given fee, their wages. Almost to the man, none of them appear to make a connection between in earning their pay, or in receiving pay in keeping with its value.

How is it that union people demand a share of the spoils, but are quick to jump ship when a company falls on bad times, particularly at the hand of the damned union(s), perhaps having to close the doors? Where are these people that demanded unearned pay when the company might need a helping hand? How many of them have you seen, voluntarily, put in time to save the company? Their brains don't work like that. They're takers and users, and will stop at nothing to achieve their goal of living off society.

Union machinists in the general Seattle area are slowly losing that fat cash cow they've milked for years at Boeing. They've finally pushed management to the point where they realize that they're far better off having components made everywhere but here, than dealing with people that demand money far beyond their value.

I worked as a machinist/toolmaker for most of my productive life, and realize, all too well, the degree of skill and experience that one must have to be qualified for the job. These people are worth money, but when they demand wages in keeping with what a well educated doctor used to make, it's time to get a reality check. That, or lose their jobs, as it turns out, is how it's shaking out. Who's fault is it?

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Don't get too upset with them, Harold. It's because of them that you were able to make a living. Unions pushed the whole scale up to new heights for all people who work, except for white-collar workers, for nearly a century. And probably for most white-collar workers, too, indirectly.

The trendline without them would have had you scratching for a living. That's the way it was going before unions really caught hold and there really is nothing in the historical record to suggest it would have changed.

Now, their work is mostly done, but not completely. I think of them as a useful annoyance that tend to accelerate a lot of problems that were going to hell anyway. They've been self-destructing in recent decades but what they leave in their wake is an expectation that a good worker should be able to live somewhere in the middle class. That wasn't the case early in the last century.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Thanks, Ed. I can always count on you to give me food for thought.

Truth is, I do realize how much good they did----it's just that the monkeys are now running the zoo, with the real purpose being lost. Like any good thing, once the crooks figure out there's a free ride, they're in on the action, and those that still believe there's a free lunch are inclined to follow.

It's a damned shame that what was once a noble thing has turned into a dreadful anchor on humanity. As you suggested, however, it appears to be resolving itself quite nicely.

My early years in the shop, in Utah, were a direct result of unions, or at least their threat. Thanks to the horrible union problems of the mid

50's, at least on the east coast, Sperry sought a right to work state where they might found a new business, for development and production of the Sergeant Missile. They settled on Utah as their choice, and paid wages that were no less than union scale, with great benefits. The only problems I can recall, and I was there for 7-1/2 years, were those that you might encounter anywhere----those with personalities. The company was more than fair minded, and, as it turns out, was the best employer I was to have in my limited time working for industry as an employee. It was clear to the vast majority of workers that a union would serve no good purpose, and would likely undermine the decent relationship we had with management.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Actually it is being noticed. Not only am I an employee I'm one of the many stock holders in both direct stock and in indexed funds.

Investment houses and stockholders have noticed how much of the bottom line is going to the top line executives.

Wes

Reply to
Wes