Lines to tubes

What's the fastest way to convert a 3D sketch into solid tubes (arbitrary cross section)? I need to do this to a really large number of line segments and could really use a time saver over setting up the lofts.

Thanks,

CM

Reply to
Chris Maryan

it isn't clear to me what you mean-as in you have a number of different diameter pipes running every which way?or a group of same running in parallel? by line segments you mean end to end along the same path?

Reply to
neil

SolidWorks 2004 Beta, or SolidSketch...

Mike J. Wilson

Specifically, I'm trying to draw a spaceframe. Presently, the links are defined as a series of line segments in a 3D sketch. I would like to turn these into tubes with as little effort as possible. Accordingly, the pipes run every which way. There are only 2 or 3 cross sections in use, but the frame is fairly large and complex.

CM

Reply to
Chris Maryan

I think space frames have been talked about here before have you done a search in google of this group? I vaguely remember Cliff saying something about a macro- could be wrong though-maybe someone has some ideas specifically for this situation

Reply to
neil

If you can wait for 2004, it may help a great deal.

Jim S.

Reply to
Jim Sculley