Dual Channel Memory Mode

Dual Channel 2 x 512 = 2 min 45 sec Single Channel 3 x 512 = 3 min 5 sec

After the first test, I deleted my back-up folder and restarted the computer. I just noticed a had quite a few add-ins turned on.

Interesting, isn't it. Also, in Dual Channel Mode, the computer boots about 10 seconds faster and surfs the web much faster.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

Dang it, and I'm just about to take delivery on a new system with only 2 slots on the mainboard. I wish I'd known that. I used to build and upgrade systems all the time, but I've fallen behind in understanding the (new) whys and wherefores. Tell me, does Dual Channel mode not kick in if the sticks are of different sizes (I rather think not if I understand your post correctly)?

'Spork'

Reply to
Sporkman

Dang it, and I'm just about to take delivery on a new system with only 2 slots on the mainboard. I wish I'd known that. I used to build and upgrade systems all the time, but I've fallen behind in understanding the (new) whys and wherefores. Tell me, does Dual Channel mode not kick in if the sticks are of different sizes (I rather think not if I understand your post correctly)?

'Spork'

Reply to
Devon T. Sowell

Geez Louise . . . now I find that instead of getting to do 1.5Gb of memory I either have to go all the way to 2Gb (big bucks) or stay at

1Gb. Just shoot me. I shoulda done the research on Tom's Hardware and Anandtech first.

Lesson learned (too late) 'Spork'

Reply to
Sporkman

Yep, this is the decision I had to make when I was choosing between 1 and 1.5 gigs. So, I just went for (4) or (2X) 512 matched pair Corsair XMS modules.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Oh, and it's not that much more $ (~$120 more for the Corsairs) depending on the brand modules you choose.

For me, that small $ amount difference was easily justified in 30 days of using them.

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador