SP4 Backup File Locations

Hello-

Can anyone confirm this; This weekend I set-up a new computer and upgraded to SP4 at the same time. I set the "File Backup" location to a specific folder but they're not going there. I don't know where they're going, I searched and can't find them.

I don't use any anti-virus software.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell

I can confirm it works. Under Tools, Options, Backups, do you by chance have "Save backup files in the same location as the original" checked?

The backup files are usually labeled with "Backup of" added to the beginning of the original filename. To find the files do a search (in windows explorer) with the following criteria; backup*.* :)

Reply to
kenneth b

I do not understand why SolidWorks still uses a prefix instead of a suffix to identify the backup. If you have multiple backups selected in Options, the prefix structure used by SolidWorks makes searching for a file harder. When the list is sorted by filename, the (1) for the backup, as in "Backup (1) of Block.SLDDRW" will be the sort order instead of the drawing number. This means that the different versions of the backup will not be adjacent to each other.

-- Tony O'Hara Melbourne, Australia.

Reply to
Tony O'Hara