Macros and other stuff that used to be in user library

What happened to this stuff? all I see in user library on 3D content central is parts assemblies, there were some really usefull macros and other stuff in the library. Does anyone know where to access this stuff now?

Thx

wry&dry

Reply to
wry&dry

I have some of mine here. Not the whole big thing you were looking for, but you might find something interesting. The site needs some help, but I don't have time to do it. So they are listed, but no explanation. Sorry.

WT

Reply to
WT

Thanks WT,

to be more specific what I am looking for is a macro that would traverse a directory open each part and assembly file orient the model in an isometric view, fit to screen save and close the file.

I work in a multi user environment and the previews of many parts in the "file open" and thumbnail views are zoomed way out, zoomed way in or in such a position that it is impossible to see what the part looks like.

Anyone got a macro that would do this? I could probably create one but it would mean dusting off my VB book and writing code that someone has probably already written way better than I could.

TIA

wry&dry

Reply to
wry&dry

Not just that specifically. But in the macro AccessLogOfConfig, it has some of that. Here is the header:

"This macro gets the config name, path & file name, and the ASI part number of the current document and inputs the values into the Access table on the server. It also copies the ASI part number to the clipboard to be used later. I added the option to zoom to fit in the isometric view, save the file, close it, run Unfrag, and then the option to make it Read-only."

Oh, the ASI part number is our internal number. The whole purpose of this macro was to automate the gathering of the information and stuff it into an Access table so that when going through our Cutlist program, it checks to see if we already have a SW model of it. So, you could start with the relevant section and add a bit to it.

WT

Reply to
WT

Hello wry&dry-

"to be more specific what I am looking for is a macro that would traverse a directory open each part and assembly file orient the model in an isometric view, fit to screen save and close the file."

This can be accomplished using the SolidWorks Task Scheduler. See the Help file, Custom Task.

Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell

Devon T. Sowell