Blinking Dimensions in Drawings

Hi All,
I have to live with a detailer that complains all the time about blinking dimensions in SW2004. Now I took a look, and I have to admit
that she is right, it is terribly annoying - and slower than SW2003. Anybody else has experience with this, and, does anybody have an idea how to get rid of it? Rebooting is not an option; after a few new dimensions it starts over again. We use a lot of ordinate dimensioning and after adding a few dimensions, all the dimesnions blink - like a rebuild - when adding another one.
I hope somebody can help here, thanks
Classic symptoms of a video card problem. What video card is in the machine? What driver? With the power off, and wearing a "static wrist strap" remove the video card and inspect the cooling fan, is it full of dust? Has the video card loosened in the slot? Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com

again.
I don't think this is a video problem, I see the same thing here and I believe it's connected to the general drawing slowdown we're seeing in SW 2004. Just about the same thing happens when trying to move a view Also adding dimensions will slow down the active drawing further. I have two different computers with two different video cards and I see the same thing on both
Krister L

Hello Kristen-
I don't see this problem here. Currently I use 3 computers, all with nvidia cards: Quadro 4 750XGL Quadro 4 980XGL 444 Go
Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com

dimensions,
Hi Devon
Have a look at Malcolm's post below....he explain this behaviour just like I experience it I have one Quadro 4 900 XGL on W2K and oneQuadro FX Go 700 on WinXP
Krister L
diskussionsgruppsmeddelandet:CbRNb.601$ snipped-for-privacy@news3.news.adelphia.net...

nvidia
admit
idea
over
Hello Krister- Interesting. I'll try some other machines to see if I can notice this problem. Best Regards, Devon T. Sowell www.3-ddesignsolutions.com

SW2003.
one.
How do you define blinking? I have noticed that some drawings become very sluggish and this causes a delay before the dimensions and features appear on the screen. Blinking too me means on/off at a constant rate. Check out your video card as already suggested, power supply, monitor (i.e. refresh rate) or even an electronic device that is too close to your monitor might cause such interference.
2004/SP1, Windows XP, Quadro4 750XGL
Kman

again.
Hi Marty,
I have the same symptom here. It seems as though the ordinate dimensions go through some sort of rebuild. The more ordinate dimensions, the longer the blinking. It's almost like they are re-jogging themselves any time you touch an ordinate. I've also had ordinates on the right side of 0 jump over to the left side. I thought it might be a video problem but I get the same results on both my work machine and my home machine. I have an Nvidea Quadro4 950 XGL at work and a 3D Labs GVX1 at home. I mentioned this to my VAR and he said they were aware of the problem. Of course all of these problems will be resolved in SP2.1 ;)
M.T.

Thanks all, at least I have some ideas to check... You think it will be solved with SP2.1 or should I wait for 2.1.1 or maybe even 2.2.3 or somthing like that? lol...
wrote:

again.