materials argh

There still seems to be weird things going on in the material editor in viz renderer.

There are settings not available but taken care of by the templates?

e.g.I choose Metal-flat as a template. Change the settings to:

Shiniesss, transparency, translucency, luminance = 0 Index of refraction = 1

And you ustill get a "reflective", metal looking material,

If I choose Paper as a template, and change the settings to the same as above (everything = 0 and ior = 1),

You get a matte material.

The two have identical settings, except from different templates. I thought templates (according to the user manual) are just preset values?

There are dozens of templates, what I want to know is the fundamental differences between them. Can I achieve the same results from two different templates?

Reply to
Henry