acad2004/viz/radiosity

I'm using acad2004 adt with viz renderer.
I quite often model buildings in levels, i.e. with layers:
l1_walls, l1_windows, l2_walls, l2_windows.
This allows me to create the whole thing bit by bit and view various levels in isolation.
However, this causes problems with my radiosity rendering. Since l1_walls and l2_walls are two objects, they are interfering with each other during radiosity calculation when they really shouldn't do.
E.g. l1_walls and l2_walls are coplanar, but they end up slightly different shades because of radiosity. It all looks fine without radiosity (except it doesn't look as good!!!).
I also find that radiosity doesn't give satisfactory results on booleaned (if there is such a word) solids. It's much easier to fix problems like this in 3dsmax, but not in AutoCAD.
Does anyone have a solution to this?
Henry Department of Architecture and Civil Engineering staff.bath.ac.uk/abshhkc 3thirteen.co.uk snipped-for-privacy@bath.ac.uk snipped-for-privacy@3thirteen.co.uk
Try using subdivide modifier to make a finer mesh, so it captures more detail. Maybe choose to weld vertices upon import (in the file link manager).
--- stefkeB ---