radiosity, huh?

Can somebody why when radiosity is enabled, it does this, sometimes?
See image
http://staff.bath.ac.uk/abshhkc/03.jpg

Henry wrote:

Wow..........no idea why, but that's an interesting rendering. ;)
Maybe that's just before the building is blown over by the blast wave.
Because it hates you. No particularly good reason. It is just mean and spiteful.
Or
You have too much light in the scene.
Options : turn down the lights turn on automatic exposure
Or
something else.
It would have been helpful to tell us why you thought the picture was wrong.

I've never experienced this myself (so far at least....) but I've heard about the "red renderings". IIRC, this is usually caused by one particular object (ground plan would be a good first guess).
First, check all your settings, if that doesn't solve it then I'd render just parts of the model at a time to narrow down the culprit.
HTH,
Michael (LS)
That reminds me a bit of the CPTMC building on the Bath campus, is it?
If you want information on radiosity you could do a lot worse than post this question to alt.binaries.3dstudio & alt.3d.studio there's a wealth of knowledge regarding rendering there, including ACAD software, Brazil, Mental ray etc. Just take the time to let them know it's ACAD your talking about and the fact that it's a shade OT and I'm sure you wont get flamed. Things are really quiet in alt.binaries.3dstudio at the mo so I'm sure they would welcome the attention :-)
HTH
Tim
Henry wrote:

Well, In the 3d program I use (Art of Illusion), the textures' emissive settings would do something like that. I'd turn them completely off and then check all the lights- their number, proximities to the object, and levels, etc. I'd also check the immissiveness and reflectivity of the surroundings, surrounding objects and background, etc.. Oh, and maybe the camera settings, too, such as exposure, filtering, blur, etc..
-- OPENSOURCE/FREE CAD/3D/GIS/ETC. SOLUTIONS/INFO: .Why Software Should Not Have Owners: www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-free.html .Brl CAD http://ftp.arl.mil/brlcad .Q CAD www.qcad.org/index.php3 .FreeCAD www.askoh.com/freecad .Varkon CAD www.mathematik.uni-ulm.de/help/varkon/man.htm .Art Of Illusion http://aoi.sourceforge.net .Blender www.blender.org .Wings www.wings3d.org .Persistence of Vision www.povray.org .Grass GIS http://grass.itc.it .Info www.opensource.org .Repository www.sourceforge.net .3d File Converter http://home.europa.com/~keithr
I can fix this "red rendering" problem by reassigning materials to my objects.
More often, I have one or two objects/layers appearing in red after radiosity calculation. However, the image you saw, everything was red.
I just assigned, reassigned and a bit more until the red stuff's gone. It's a chore and some times, I have to do this material re-assignment many times before the redness goes away. It's a pain in the asssssss.
It only does this on occassion. It think the first reply was probably the most accurate..., it hates me because I've been slagging off acad2004/viz lots.
Henry dept arch bath uni

Good to hear about your fix. I am keeping my fingers crossed that a co-developer follows through with writing a script for dxf import into Art of Illusion so that it can manage the lighting, textures and renders, etc., and even some of the modelling that are begun in other, often more CAD-based, programs. If successful, it could blow the program wide open for use by engineers and architects, etc.. Here's a chap who seems to do most of his work seen online using Art of Illusion. He also appears to be entering some contests and winning some online awards for it, too. http://www.housepixels.com/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=1&sessionid e6fc1 08e21eb4a5b9551b0843e941f And the main developer's response: " Ok, I'm impressed... You clearly used a real 3D program for making that image, not just some cheesy piece of freeware. :) "
;-)
"Henry"

Henry
Visited your web site and read some of your tutorials, well done that man.....
Can I add your web site to my AutoCAD Links Page please
Regards
Alan (http://www.cadalot.co.uk )

I can't wait for the Javascript section to come on line!
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com