Menu Toolbars in ACAD2004

I am trying to update our menu system for use with acad 2004, but for
some reason, if I load our menu (which was written for 2000 and
previous) all the toolbars display question marks instead of the
little icons which depict each tool. Can anyone tell me how I can get
the toolbar to display the icons that the autocad menu (which comes
with ACAD) displays?
Many thanks to anyone who can help.
Paul
snipped-for-privacy@mnsi.net