menu screen

hello can anyone give me the code to make the "display menu screen" togle on & off. TIA

What do you mean by "display menu"?
If you are talking about dialog boxes, the command is "filedia" with and answer of "0" or "1":
From AutoCAD 2000 help:
"0" Does not display dialog boxes. You can still request a file dialog box to appear by entering a tilde (~) in response to the command's prompt. The same is true for AutoLISP and ADS functions.
"1" Displays file dialog boxes. However, if a script or AutoLISP/ObjectARX program is active, AutoCAD displays an ordinary prompt.
The only other thing your message may be speaking of is the text/graphics screen, which is "F2," or "textscr" & "graphscr" from the command line.
Beyond those two, I don't understand your question.
-Donald in Austin AA #2104

Nix the previous message.
I figured out what you're trying to do. Now lets see if I can do it again....
-Donald in Austin AA #2104

&
In Preferences... Display tab... check display screen menu button

I believe he is looking for a toggle for what you indicated, similar to a command line syntax that can be put into a button or acad.lsp.
I've probably written twenty of these types of menus over the years, but I always accessed it with button "4" of my tablet and called it "pop 0." But that was back on a DOS system. (don't make fun of my gray hair...)
damn, damn, damn.....what would work....

&
(setenv "ScreenMenu" (itoa (- 1 (atoi (getenv "ScreenMenu"))))) ___

BTW ... environment variables are case sensitive; "ScreenMenu" must be typed exactly as shown. ___

I checked out what you wrote just to see....
Now, how do you toggle it back off?

&
This is a toggle.
If its on, its turned off, if its off, its turned on.
Just copy the line and paste it on the command prompt-line, you'll see what happens.
Jan

Can you say "toggle"? Put what I gave you on a toolbar button. If the screen menu is on, it'll turn it off; if it's off, it'll turn it on. ___

Paul, many thanks Dave