menu screen

hello can anyone give me the code to make the "display menu screen" togle on & off. TIA

Reply to
dc

What do you mean by "display menu"?

If you are talking about dialog boxes, the command is "filedia" with and answer of "0" or "1":

From AutoCAD 2000 help:

"0" Does not display dialog boxes. You can still request a file dialog box to appear by entering a tilde (~) in response to the command's prompt. The same is true for AutoLISP and ADS functions.

"1" Displays file dialog boxes. However, if a script or AutoLISP/ObjectARX program is active, AutoCAD displays an ordinary prompt.

The only other thing your message may be speaking of is the text/graphics screen, which is "F2," or "textscr" & "graphscr" from the command line.

Beyond those two, I don't understand your question.

-Donald in Austin AA #2104

Reply to
Unit335

Nix the previous message.

I figured out what you're trying to do. Now lets see if I can do it again....

-Donald in Austin AA #2104

Reply to
Unit335

In Preferences... Display tab... check display screen menu button

Reply to
arkatek

I believe he is looking for a toggle for what you indicated, similar to a command line syntax that can be put into a button or acad.lsp.

I've probably written twenty of these types of menus over the years, but I always accessed it with button "4" of my tablet and called it "pop 0." But that was back on a DOS system. (don't make fun of my gray hair...)

damn, damn, damn.....what would work....

Reply to
Unit335

(setenv "ScreenMenu" (itoa (- 1 (atoi (getenv "ScreenMenu"))))) ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

BTW ... environment variables are case sensitive; "ScreenMenu" must be typed exactly as shown. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

I checked out what you wrote just to see....

Now, how do you toggle it back off?

Reply to
Unit335

This is a toggle.

If its on, its turned off, if its off, its turned on.

Just copy the line and paste it on the command prompt-line, you'll see what happens.

Jan

"Unit335" schreef in bericht news:Buv7b.16108$ snipped-for-privacy@twister.austin.rr.com...

Reply to
JP

Can you say "toggle"? Put what I gave you on a toolbar button. If the screen menu is on, it'll turn it off; if it's off, it'll turn it on. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill