No Screen Menu

I'm running AutoCad 2002 on a Windows 2000 machine. For some jobs I like to have the screen menu displayed. When I go to Tools/Options/Display and tick the box, the screen menu appears as a grey toolbar type area but it's forever blank no matter what operations I'm doing. Why is this? This function seems to work fine on other machines. Is there some system variable that is turned off?

Reply to
Nick Thorne

Are you using the standard menu file?

Reply to
Ian A. White

In article No Screen Menu, Ian A. White writes

Sorry Ian, I'm not sure what you mean. I have the standard toolbar displayed.

Reply to
Nick Thorne

What Ian meanth by this is: do you customize your menu file in autocad? If yes, it might be possible that you removed the '**screen' section from the menu file. In that case you can see only a grey area. Try loading the original autocad menu, you should see at least something in the screen menu.

If that works, inspect your menu file and eventually copy the '**screen' part from the autocad menu to your menu at the same place.

Jan

Reply to
JP

The screen menus are defined in the standard ACAD.MNU file. If you are using a non-standard menu, then it may not have the screen menus defined.

One other thing is that if you close all drawings and then close AutoCAD, the screen menu will end up with no height. To get the screen menu back you first have to drag it into the drawing area to un-dock it, then drag the bottom border of the menu to give it height and then re-dock it on the side of the screen. This will give you the menu back until you close all drawings and then close AutoCAD again. The trick is to NEVER close all drawings first before closing AutoCAD.

Reply to
Ian A. White