set pro-e window to fit full screen

Is it possible to have a setting that will open up pro-e to always fit the full monitor screen? I'm just full of questions now that I'm
getting answers! Thanks!
it possible to have a setting that will open up pro-e to always fit<BR>the full monitor screen? I'm just full of questions now that I'm<BR>getting answers!<BR>Thanks!</BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>Would be nice, wouldn't it!?! To be able to use Pro/e full screen!!! Yeah, I agree, !00%, it ought to work that way. But, even if you make it fill the screen, it's virtually impossible to use it, consistently, 100% of the time, that way. Here's why: it's a UNIX program (think DOS) migrated to Windows; they never really liked (or got) the GUI revolution. And 20 years ago it was EXACTLY like AutoCAD, UG and the rest~a typed command program; which advanced to mixed typed/menued (called Menu Manager). Wildfire, and the extent to which Dashboard, Object/Action functionality has been implemented, make a bread from the MM hybrid functionality.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>But, looking at the old MM hybrid (typed/menued) functionality, you'll see that it depended a lot on little input windows, little menu windows, little message windows, little acknowledge windows popping up..... and a place to PUT them. That was to the right of the screen, a blank space deliberately left for all these stray, orphaned 'windows' and governed by (just imagine) their own config.pro option called windows_scale which had the power to leave more.or.less room at the right (little things for proe admins to fiddle with).</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>In short, to the extent that you can run Pro/e on the Dashboard interface, full screen is doable and makes sense, no, is a DREAM COME TRUE!!!!&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; however.... back to reality, much of the mean ol' MM functionality continues and needs that space to the right to function. CIP, try to do ANYTHING in the 'Edit&gt;Setup' world without losing one of those precious little input windows behind the main window and getting hopelessly lost, trying to figure out why the MMB doesn't do anything. Yeah, with the MM stuff, windows get lost behind the screen, constantly, a situation only exacerbated by trying to run it full screen. Face it, Pro/e's not a Windows full-screen type app. And, to make a long story short, no, I don't know a way to make it open actually, really full screen. And when it comes to PTC, BCWYWF!</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>David Janes</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=

Thanks, we were dreaming, I guess! :o)
Is it possible to have a setting that will open up pro-e to always fit<BR>&gt; the full monitor screen? I'm just full of questions now that I'm<BR>&gt; getting answers!<BR>&gt; Thanks!<BR>&gt; Would be nice, wouldn't it!?! To be able to use Pro/e full screen!!! Yeah, I agree, !00%, it ought to work that way. But, even if you make it fill the screen, it's virtually impossible to use it, consistently, 100% of the time, that way. Here's why: it's a UNIX program (think DOS) migrated to Windows; they never really liked (or got) the GUI revolution. And 20 years ago it was EXACTLY like AutoCAD, UG and the rest~a typed command program; which advanced to mixed typed/menued (called Menu Manager). Wildfire, and the extent to which Dashboard, Object/Action functionality has been implemented, make a bread from the MM hybrid functionality.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; But, looking at the old MM hybrid (typed/menued) functionality, you'll see that it depended a lot on little input windows, little menu windows, little message windows, little acknowledge windows popping up..... and a place to PUT them. That was to the right of the screen, a blank space deliberately left for all these stray, orphaned 'windows' and governed by (just imagine) their own config.pro option called windows_scale which had the power to leave more.or.less room at the right (little things for proe admins to fiddle with).<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; In short, to the extent that you can run Pro/e on the Dashboard interface, full screen is doable and makes sense, no, is a DREAM COME TRUE!!!! however.... back to reality, much of the mean ol' MM functionality continues and needs that space to the right to function. CIP, try to do ANYTHING in the 'Edit&gt;Setup' world without losing one of those precious little input windows behind the main window and getting hopelessly lost, trying to figure out why the MMB doesn't do anything. Yeah, with the MM stuff, windows get lost behind the screen, constantly, a situation only exacerbated by trying to run it full screen. Face it, Pro/e's not a Windows full-screen type app. And, to make a long story short, no, I don't know a way to make it open actually, really full screen. And when it comes to PTC, BCWYWF!<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt; David Janes<BR><BR>Thanks, we were dreaming, I guess! :o)</BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <DIV>You're reasonable; Pro/e's archaic. Word up.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>David Janes</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=
My Pro/e opens full screen. Don't remember how I did it though. And my menus always just pop up in the upper right.
It's kind of a pain sometimes when I need to get to a toolbar that is behind it. Never had a problem losing it though.
Here's what I THINK I did.
Windows remembers the size of the windows when you close them. i.e. if you have Excel scrunched up to half you screen it will be that way again when you open it next. UNLESS you have is set to "maximize."
So I just stretched the Pro/e window to fill the whole screen manually... not with the Maximize command, and then next time it opens it will open that way.
I think.
Pro/e opens full screen.&nbsp; Don't remember how I did it though.&nbsp; And<BR>my menus always just pop up in the upper right.<BR><BR>It's kind of a pain sometimes when I need to get to a toolbar that is<BR>behind it.&nbsp; Never had a problem losing it though.<BR><BR>Here's what I THINK I did.<BR><BR>Windows remembers the size of the windows when you close them.&nbsp; i.e.<BR>if you have Excel scrunched up to half you screen it will be that way<BR>again when you open it next.&nbsp; UNLESS you have is set to "maximize."<BR><BR>So I just stretched the Pro/e window to fill the whole screen<BR>manually... not with the Maximize command, and then next time it opens<BR>it will open that way.<BR><BR>I think.<BR><BR><BR></BLOCKQUOTE> <DIV>Unh, yeah, seems reasonable, could happen that way. Except that stuff depends on programs plugging into some Windows API and Pro/e does not plug into ANY system's APIs. Even where it wants to do some fancy system interface stuff, like file management in the Browser, it uses Java for the interface and standard C/C++ gears and pulleys for the heavy lifting. Seems like it am but pretty sure it ain't. Capable, that it is.&nbsp;&nbsp;Of opening full screen. Real full screen. But also 'cuz of the Menu Manager crap that still dominates the program. However, like you, I eargerly await&nbsp;the epiphany of the PTC programmers. When they awaken to the wonders of Windows full screen. Twenty years behind the times. As any real UNIX program(mers) should and will be.</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>David Janes</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=