Full screen mode

Does anyone know of a setting or switch to start SW in full-screen mode? I'm too lazy to hit F11 every time I start it up.

TIA

Reply to
Dale Dunn

You can try right clicking on the shortcut you use to start SolidWorks and select the "properties" option, then there is an option for what type of window to start the program in. It's on the "shortcut" tab on the screen that comes up after you pick the properties option. Then on that screen towards the bottom there is spot that says "Run:" with a pulldown that has the options: normal window, minimized, and maximized.

Hope it works for you

Rory

Reply to
Rory

Thanks for that, but it's not what I was after. Starting maximized is no problem. If you hit F11 on 2007 or later, it goes into full-screen mode which is different from maximized. The title bar, menu bar, and borders are no longer visible, as if the window has been made slightly larger than maximized. The result is more graphics area. (F10 hides the tool bars, and F9 hides the FMT/ proper manager) in case you weren't aware.)

Reply to
Dale Dunn

oops, Nope I didn't know that. But it explains what happened to my IE window when I was typing the previous reply. I was bouncing back and forth between apps while I was typing and had hit the F11 key somewhere along the way and didn't notice that all my menus were gone until I came back to IE. :) Restarted my computer to get things back the way they were. Nice to know I could have just hit "F11" again.

Have a good weekend.

Reply to
Rory