screen menu

can someone tell me how to get acad to display the screen menu in my custom menu and not the acad menu.

TIA Dave

Reply to
dc

HiHo; Go to AutoCad Help and search for "menu". It is explained very well.

Reply to
bestafor

In R14, the sequence is: tool>preferences>display Check Display AutoCAD screen menu in drawing windows

Reply to
R. Wink

What makes pressing F1 any more difficult than posting a question here?

If you're using R14, see the other replies. If you're using 2000 or later, you can use (setenv "ScreenMenu" (itoa (- 1 (atoi (getenv "ScreenMenu"))))) to toggle the screen menu on and off.

If you're using a custom menu, though, remember that you need to include a

***SCREEN section in your menu source (*.mnu) file. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill

Paul Thanks for the reply, I am already using (setenv "ScreenMenu" (itoa (- 1 (atoi (getenv "ScreenMenu"))))) to toggle on & off. I have custom menu with a ***SCREEN section but what I couldn't find in F1 was how to display my screen menu and not acads.

Dave

Reply to
dc

I guess I don't understand your problem, then. AutoCAD will access the

***SCREEN section of whatever menu is currently loaded. If you're using MYMENU.MNC, it simply can't be displaying the menus from ACAD.MNC.

If you're referring to having it automatically jump to the specific section of the ***SCREEN menu you currently need, you have to create appropriate subsections (i.e., the LINE command will display the **LINE subsection of the ***SCREEN menu). ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

i have acad.mnc and mymenu.mnc both loaded and i want to view my screen menu. is there a way of doing this

thanks dave

Reply to
dc

SORTED unload acad.mnc load mymenu.mnc (with menuload) reload acad.mnc

the screen menu in mymenu will be the dominant one

Dave

Reply to
dc