Outlining text

My apologies for quite probably using all the wrong technical terms but I am only an amatuer user of LT2008 and i can't figure out how to achive somthing.

I have drawn a rectangle. In that rectangle I have placed some text.

What I want to achieve is a solid fill of the area inside the rectangle up to the edge of the text. What happens at the moment is that it fills to an imaginary rectangle around the text and not up to the text. I also need to be able to add solid fill into the centres of closed letters such B

By way of an example of what i am trying to achieve think of a nameplate in which the letters and border are raised and polishes brass and the background is sunken and painted red.

Thanks in anticipation

Paul Martin

Reply to
Paul Martin

Is " background mask" a mtext option in LT?

Reply to
George P