Pen Plotters

Good day,
Does anyone still use pen plotters?
I have an OCE 36" roll feed that I am looking to get rid of <read:
sell for nominal price>. Emulates HP 7585.
Is it a waste of time?
Can it be converted to cut vinyl signs?
Suggestions on where to advertise?
jimB ****************************************** Jim Bannister 3Dthinking dot com ****************************************** to reply by email, REPLACE the "X's" in address with "M"
On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 15:57:22 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@Xvd.Xv.com (jimb) wrote:

still, why not if only a small amount of plots is required and pens are still avail.

probably no Windows 2k/XP driver from Oc avail, thus commercial Winline required with these OS: www.winline.com

depends on the pen force, sign cutting needs roughly a 10 time higher pressure than for plotting with a pen on vellum or paper.

www.ebay.com
good luck N.