converting Mechanical Desktop Files to Solidworks

Good Day,

I am tasked with converting a number of Mechanical Desktop Files 6 (assemblies and parts) to Solidworks (2003). I am not too familiar with Solidworks.

I have been using the Solidworks MDT translator in Solidworks 2003 with mixed results.

Parts are translated relatively easily, but assemblies are difficult (Parts get lost). Solidworks and MDT have a tendency to either crash or lock-up.

I was wondering if anyone had experince in this area and give me some hints as to where to look for the problems

I suspect that the issue lies in search/working path and other program parameters. Some OS parameters my be involved also.

TIA

jimB

****************************************** Jim Bannister 3Dthinking dot com ****************************************** to reply by email, REPLACE the "X's" in address with "M"
Reply to