AutoCad Mechanical BOM question

Good day,
I have a Mechanical desktop assembly and I am working on the BOM.
After inserting parts (XREF) into the assembly, I renamed the files
and reloaded the assembly.
I can't seem to get the column in the BOM to reflect the
updated part (XREF) name.
I need to have the BOM reflect the part name as it appears in the
PATH, not the part as originally inserted.
I can rename the part in the catalogue to reflect the name in the
path, but that doesn't allow for renaming the XREFS in the future.
Given that the XREF name reflects the revision I need to get the
revision info in the BOM.
Can someone point me to the solution?
TIA
jimB
JimB
my SPAM defense: Replace all the X's in email address with M
Reply to
jimb