Please Help

I am very frustrated right now. I am trying to install autodesk inventor professional 8 on a brand new machine. It has a P4 3.0Ghz
w/HT 2GB PC 3200 DDR Ram, and Windows Xp. I also have a 256MB Jaton 3dforce fx5600 video card. I have had a multitude of problems during installation, and I have managed to install it and get it it working only to have this new problem. Now when I try to open it I get the message "inventor.exe entry point not found" and then it goes on to give me a long explenation of some weird characters could not be located in the dynamic link library. I have run the repair on it and still get the same error. Please, Please Help