Save your work frequently!

I just lost my 2d drawing and 3d solidof a a 9 inch long 7/8 acme threaded bolt. that is about 4 hours work for me. Next time it will take less time because I now know how to do it in 2005.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Sorry for your loss. I have been there many times early on in my cad life. I have found out that to re-do it seems to be 1/2 the original time. Set your save periods in your cad set up. That should work for you. In fact, maybe your drawing is in the saved folder now. S.S.

Reply to
S. Smith

Indeed maybe your file was automaticly saved by Autocad , i think the default automaic file safety precaution save is 10 minutes when installing.

You will find the settings in the option under tools,

First tab will tell you where the automatic folder his. Third tab( open and save) will allow you to change the time between each one. After the desired time is set just apply.

FYI : if the file was indeed automaticly saved look in the folder and just change the ac$ extension to dwg your drawing is probably one of them if the content of the folder was not deleted.

Regards

Robert

We've all been there! You should also recheck your autosave settings from time to time. Sometimes they mysteriously become unset. Come on everyone. Do it now!

Reply to
strawberry

Amen. Automated, external backup is another line of defense against accidental deletions too.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

close what you're doing, rename the file in Explorer to a dwg, then open it.

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

The only problem I have with Autosave is that it seems to open another instance of AutoCad and crashes my computer depending on what I am doing at that instant.

Bob

Reply to
sycochkn

Many years ago I was doing a scheduled utility on my cad station and Norton found an error on my disk and ask if I wanted to fix it. I clicked yes and Norton locked me out from the keyboard and proceeded to chew up the whole hard disk drive, rendering it useless, including cad files and all. So don't feel too bad for 4 hours of lost work.

Reply to
Frank