Distorted plotting scale when in colour

Can anyone help please? I'm running Acad 2002 and have just bought a new Epson D92 printer. If I plot a layout through a scaled viewport and all
shown is non colour it plots perfectly to scale. If I plot the same layout with colour in it, the scale changes slightly. I'm baffled and can only think it's the printer.
Regards Jim