Slightly OT - letter plotter

Folks,

Many years ago (late 1980's) I worked on a project where lots of manual construction drawing was done. The tech drawers had a nifty little device that I can best describe as a letter plotter. It was a flatish box of size somewhere between an A5 and A6 paper sheet, and maybe 2cm thick. The top surface was a keyboard and an LCD display, and sticking out of the top edge was a small arm which would accept a pen. One could type in short texts, place the thingy in any position and orientation on the paper, and have it write the typed text in nice letters.

Has anyone here seen this kind of thing? Is it still sold? Does anyone know where I could get one?

Thanks

Reply to
toa

Rotring, I think had one and possibly Lettraset. Haven't seen one for many a long year!

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

Something like this?

Govert