trimming

I am using autocad 2004 and I'm drawing a floor plan. I xref in the 2d
points including levels and string lines etc (created using a theodolite on
site by a surveyor) and bring them in on layer 0 and lock the layer, but
when trimming or extending I am able to select the seperate lines on the
xref which I do not want to do so I then locked all the layers in the xref
but I can still select them when trimming and extending as the cutting line.
The last version of Autocad I used was r14 and have only just recently
changed, is there a way in 2004 to stop the selection of xref lines or is it
something I am going to have to get used to? I think once a layer is locked
you shouldn't be able to do ANYTHING with that layer, it makes no sense to
me.
anyway, any usefull replies will be appreciated
Mark
Reply to
Mark
Locking has nothing to do with what you're experiencing. Using a line to trim/extend doesn't modify the line, therefore locking is a non-issue.
I don't think there is a way to get the behavior you want, anymore. I've been wishing for a 'no-snap/select' layer setting for years.
Reply to
TomD