Drawing Program for Scrolls

Does anybody have a program that draws scrolls automatically?
As in: tell the program the style you want, the space limitations and
the number of coils, for instance.
I have one that I did with an excel spreadsheet, but it's not as good as what I spec'd out above.
Pete Stanaitis
P.S. Check out my "Ash Bucket Anneal" experiment at:

Pete,
What kind of program platform are you looking for? You mentioned one that you have that runs on Excel, I would think that a program to "draw" a scroll would be best used on a drafting program like Autocad, etc.
Seems to me this could be done with some time and creativity.
Paul
Yes, I'd prefer it in a CAD format. I use Turbocad, if that makes a difference. I hate to admit it, but I have never used the Visual Basic feature in Turbocad which would probably be the way to go. But, having just looked at the help file for it (Within Turbocad), I can't see how it interfaces to the Turbocad drawing surface. I did learn enough Visual basic a few years ago to write a moderately complex program to predict the winning of MS solitaire from the face-up cards on the draw, but I just don't have the patience to go and figure that interface out.
I suppose I could sit there and manually produce a passible scroll or two monkeying around with bezier curves or something, but I was just looking for an easy way out. Real artist blacksmiths just start with chalk and erase everything that doesn't look like a scroll.
Pete Stanaitis -------------------------------------------------- paul snipped-for-privacy@excite.com wrote:

Adobe Illustrator does a decent job of creating scrolls without too much trouble. There is a spiral line tool that gives you the basics and then it can be easily tweaked from there. There is also a plug in that measures the line and tells you exactly how much material you would need to create whatever scroll (or other form) you end up with. I have used Illustrator to pattern out parts and it works quite well.
Craig Webster...